Are you sure you want to remove from your connections?
The goal of the project is to promote the tourism of Chittagong city by designing a Four Star Hotel. As the site was given near to “Chittagong Port, Patenga”; the idea was developed as representing the Port City. History notes Chittagong being a port since the 9th Century. During the ruling period of Mughal Empire, it was made an important shipbuilding center. Thus the form was inspired from a large ship as people would learn about the past of the site. The idea of the project is to create the essence of a cruise ship through accommodation.
– As we can see the scenario of a Port, there is a Platform that acts as a defined serve area. Ships anchor at the deck to serve their necessities.
– Interpretation between the port and a hotel, the concept of the project is to design a CRUISE HOTEL that holds the ambiance of a port as well as accommodating the user groups with their facilities.
– The Port History Archive is right under the swimming pool that takes the guests on a journey of the site’s history in an underwater environment. A hazy glass sheet is placed underneath the water to secure the privacy of the pool.
– A double-staged Performance Lobby is located at the 2nd floor for recreational purposes. Cruising visitors may enjoy them from the balcony attached to the accommodation. As guests enter the structure, an open to sky courtyard provides a welcoming approach with natural shading.
– The hotel consists of 124 guest units including 3 different types of living with variety of facilities each facing to the sea. The Living spaces are designed with 45° alignment so user can enjoy the sea view from either balcony or bed.
SIte Area: 56251.3 sqm [13.9 acres]
Built Area: 10897.72 sqm
Project Type: Hotel
Facility: 4 Star accommodation
Accommodation unit: 124
Unit Type: 3
Type A: 67.45 sqm
Type B: 41.34 sqm
Type C: 27.68 sqm