+ Xinyu Wang 🇨🇳
Honourable Mention of the Market 2.0: Circular Economy Hub
1) Could you briefly introduce yourself?
I’m now studying in Beijing Institute Of Fashion Technology.
2) What inspired you for the Market 2.0?
I have previously done land restoration and renovation work for the Beijing Coking Plant. I am also very interested in using ecological methods to solve environmental problems, combining the operational logic of the market with the growth logic of buildings.
3) Can you describe any particular challenges you faced during the design process and how
you overcame them?
I was in charge of designing the skeleton of the building. Most of the problems we encountered were technical, such as writing code and building growth logic, as well as obtaining site models, which took us a lot of time.
4) How do you think your educational background or professional experiences influenced your winning design?
My undergraduate major is Media Construction, and writing code and programming are my strengths. This is an interdisciplinary field that can also be called Computer Architecture. So, it’s easy for me to learn a new algorithm which can fit with our working project.
5) What advice would you give to students or young professionals looking to excel in architecture competitions?
Material innovation is an interesting and promising part of design, which is also very important in the future design field in my perspective. I think students can make some innovations in this area.
6) What are your future aspirations in the field of architecture?
I like new media technology and I think I’m going to study in this field deeply. It can combine the beauty of technology and modeling together skillfully.