+ Tara Suzanne Marchelewicz 🇨🇦
Honourable Mention of the Re-Draw.05: Nakagin Capsule Tower
1) Could you briefly introduce yourself?
Tara is an intern architect who met Anne first at grad school and then while working at Hariri Pontarini Architects. Tara now works for Section Architects and enjoys walks along the Humber Bay Shores.
2) What inspired you for the Re-Draw.05?
In addition to what Anne said, contemplating all of the places the Capsules could & would go!
3) Can you describe any particular challenges you faced during the design process and how
you overcame them?
Abstraction of certain elements relative to scale, was imperative in achieving compositional balance – the cube mountains are a successful example of this (in my opinion :))
4) How do you think your educational background or professional experiences influenced your winning design?
My educational background introduced me to a vast array of ideas, artworks, buildings, and taught me how to bring these references together in forming & contemplating new concepts. At work, this is done in a differing capacity, but nevertheless.
5) What advice would you give to students or young professionals looking to excel in architecture competitions?
Tell a story you would want to hear.
6) What are your future aspirations in the field of architecture?
To enhance our collective experience of the built environment ! And would like to work on a tennis court/club.